Once you have an accepted offer and the contract has been executed, the processing/closing process begins.
Closing takes an estimated 8-14 weeks with most home resorts, but Hilton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian may take an additional 2-4 weeks to complete.
Right of First Refusal (ROFR)
- The title company will send the contract to Disney for the Right of First Refusal. Disney generally takes 30 days to review the contract, but can take longer.
- Once it comes back from ROFR we must wait for Disney to send the estoppel and receive the title search before the closing documents can be prepared. This takes 2-4 weeks after ROFR.
- The title company sends out the closing documents normally within 72 hours of receiving the estoppel.
Final Point Activity Summary
- After ALL closing documents and funds are received from the buyer and seller the deed goes to recording.
- The deed is then sent to the county for recording, this takes up to 72 hours if no holidays or weekends.
- Once it is recorded the title company sends it to overnight to Disney.
- If you are a new member Disney then uploads your information and sends you an email with your activation code.
- If you are a current member, the points will show up on your Dashboard. The above can take up to 8 weeks after recording before you have your points.
Seller’s Funds Dispersed
- The sellers funds will be mailed after Disney completes the transfer of the contract information and points from seller to buyer.