Once you have an accepted offer and the contract has been executed, the processing/closing process begins.
Closing takes an estimated 10-12 weeks with most home resorts, but Hilton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian may take an additional 2-4 weeks to complete.
Right of First Refusal
- The title company will send the contract to Disney.
- Disney recommends 30 days to review, it can take longer.
- Once it comes back from ROFR we have to wait on Disney to send the estoppel before the closing documents can be prepared. This takes 2-4 weeks after ROFR.
- The title company sends out the closing documents normally within 72 hours of receiving the estoppel.
Final Point Activity Summary
- After ALL closing documents from the buyer and seller, are received back the final Point Activity Summary is ordered from Disney (3-7) business days.
- The deed is then sent to the county for recording, this takes up to 72 hours if no holidays or weekends.
- Once it is recorded the title company sends it to overnight to Disney.
- If you are a new member Disney then uploads your information and sends your membership letter. This can take 2-4 weeks. When you get the letter you will call them for an activation code.
- If you are a current member the points will show up on your Dashboard normally in 10-14 business days.
Seller’s Funds Dispersed
- The sellers funds will be mailed 10-14 business days after Disney completes the transfer of the contract information from seller to buyer. Once completed they will notify the title company and funds are released at that time.