Below is an estimated timeline for the closing process. Please keep this handy for a reference guide throughout the process.
- Closing takes an estimated 10-12 weeks
- Hilton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian may take an additional 2-4 weeks as these are attorney states and not closed by a title company.
- The title company will send the contract to Disney. Disney generally takes approximately 30 days to review for Right of First Refusal (ROFR).
- Once it comes back from ROFR we must wait for Disney to send the waiver and receive the title search before the closing documents can be prepared. This can take up to 3 weeks.
- The title company sends out the closing documents, normally within 72 hours of receiving all information.
- After ALL closing documents from the buyer and seller and the funds are received, the deed goes to recording. This could take up to 72 hours.
- Once it is recorded, the deed is sent back to the title company. The title company sends it overnight to Disney.
- Disney will then upload your information and send your membership email. When you receive the email you will call them for an activation code. If you are a current member the points will show up on your Dashboard. This process can take 2-8 weeks.
- The seller’s funds will be sent after Disney completes the transfer of points. This allows sufficient time for property transfer.